Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lagger

I'm lagger. Anyone who knows me, already knows this. It's pretty obvious from the first moment you meet me, because I'm probably late to that first moment. So it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I've had this blog for about two years, and haven't ever posted on it.

I'm fixing that today.

I've been horrendously sick for the past few days. Not as sick as I was this time last year, because that was almost unbearable (I really thought I might die, or at least I wanted to), but still horrendous. Which brings me to my point... customer service. In the middle of my horrendous sickness I had to fly back to Utah from California where I'd been visiting my family. This was on the first day of real sickness. I was so sick that I could barely stand. In fact, it was black Friday and I DIDN'T GO SHOPPING! That's how sick I was. So my mother called the anonymous airline, to tell them that I was so horrendously sick and that they ought to allow me to change my flight, just as a matter of courtesy to the other fliers. They did not agree. It was going to cost me upwards of $200 to change my flight ($100 to change plus the price difference of the new ticket, and being Thanksgiving weekend and all, the flights were expensive.) My mother pointed out that I was so obviously ill, there would be a lot of angry passengers on the plane. It was basic customer service to allow me to take another flight a few days later after I had recovered, or at least wasn't so violently ill. We would even provide a doctor's note. No dice. So I flew. I sure hope no one on that flight gets sick, but I wasn't about to pay an additional $200 when the airline who should have been most concerned didn't seem to think it mattered.

I may or may not continue to update this. Mostly I'm doing this right now because I'm still sick and have time on my hands. But to be totally honest, I can't make any promises. I've lagged before and I'm certain to do it again.

2 comments:

  1. I have had good experiences with Jet Blue, though they were under the last CEO, David Neeleman. Once, a flight was delayed and the employees brought out snacks and drinks for everyone and apologized profusely. Conversly, the same weekend I had a delayed flight on Southwest where I we stood in line for an hour and a half, never being told how long the wait was expected. We just stood there. I have been a Jet Blue fan ever since. But like I said, that was all under David Neeleman. I know some things have changed since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I actually meant to not mention that it was JetBlue (apparently I forgot)... JetBlue is one of my favorite airlines. Any airline would have done the same thing, so my beef isn't really with JetBlue, but with the entire industry. I think I can go back and edit posts, so I'm going to JetBlue out of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete