Saturday, December 4, 2010

minimalism

I've decided to become a minimalist. This means that I will use the minimum amount possible for my daily (sometimes weekly) consumption... or maybe it means that I just cut down on excess. I decided to start with my shampoo and conditioner. I have twelve PAIRS of shampoo and conditioner bottles. That means I have 24 bottles in my shower. That's kind of a lot. Almost enough to feed a starving village. So I've been slowly using them up and my goal is to not replace them. I was almost successful in this. I used up one pair and threw them away, but then I saw this new conditioner that I've really been wanting to try (it's called It's a 10, in case you were wondering), so I bought it. But at least I didn't buy the shampoo to go with it! And it's a small bottle, of instant conditioner. So far it works really well, in case you were wondering. I'm recommending it to everyone. So I'm only half of a minimalist... I got rid of a shampoo/conditioner set and only bought a new conditioner. I am slowly working toward my goal. Hey, life isn't about where you end up, it's which direction you're pointed in when you die. That's what my Sunday School teacher told me.

1 comment:

  1. I adore you, and I miss you. I am trying to be a minimalist as well, I even broke down 52 areas in my house and scheduled one area per week of the year, but I am only two weeks in and two weeks behind...because I am additionally trying to keep up with the basic daily house clean up and just doing that uses up all my energy to be productive. He, he.

    ReplyDelete