Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thesis done!

I finished my Masters Thesis. Finally. I was thinking of posting a picture of it, but then I realized "who would want to look at a picture of a thesis?" ... so I refrained. It's super long and super boring, but I can give you the whole summation right here: Reading interventions are not effective in the long term. We keep doing them because we don't know what else to do. Some of them are effective in the short term (for as long as the student is doing the program). Programs based on phonics instead of whole language are most effective (but only in the short term.)

That's it. That's what took me months to write. That's what caused me to throw up and then cry when it was finally done. And you got it all, in just four sentences. My heart and soul are sold so cheaply...



No comments:

Post a Comment